Submit a downtown event
If you’re hosting an event in downtown Belmont we’ll be happy to add it to our calendar. Please provide all of the details requested below to ensure we can get your event added. Thank you for keeping this list to the three Downtown Belmont Districts only. Events will be reviewed by the DBDA to make sure they meet our criteria & mission.
- Any event that’s open to the general public, with or without admission, we want to know about it!
- What types of events should be submitted? If it’s something a visitor or local might like to do, please submit it to our calendar.
- Please note, our goal is to promote the three downtown Belmont districts, our mission, and our downtown businesses. Types of events not allowed: No political events, events with explicit or offensive language, or private events. If your event doesn’t align with our mission or falls outside of the districts your event may not be included.
- Please submit your event at least 2 weeks prior to the event to ensure it is listed in time. Also, make sure all required fields are provided to not have a delay in approval.
- You must submit a high-resolution photo (1500 px minimum, size, jpg or png) that you have full permission to use. Please ensure if the photo includes text it is relevant & appropriate, if not the event may not be approved.
- This Downtown Event Calendar is for informational purposes only and does not imply endorsement by the Downtown Belmont Development Association or the City of Belmont.
Social Media Policy
- The Downtown Belmont Development Association’s (DBDA) social media first priority is promoting businesses within the Main Street districts and Downtown Belmont as a whole.
- The DBDA’s social media tells the story of the Main Street districts and Downtown Belmont as a whole.
- The DBDA monitors the social media of all downtown Belmont businesses and where appropriate and able will share posts via Instagram Story. Posts that tag the DBDA will have a higher likelihood of sharing.
- To have a special event like an anniversary, grand opening, etc. shared – ensure it is submitted to our event calendar here at least 2 weeks prior: https://
downtownbelmont.org/submit- event/ These submitted events or tagged posts will have higher prior in our weekly events story roundup.
- Preference will be given to posts that highlight several members, such as collaborative posts such as a collaborative sale event, etc.